Thursday, November 27, 2008

thank god its thanksgiving

So its Thanksgiving morning and I'm sitting here watching the beginning of the parade with my lovely wife. There is a cheerleading group first of all dancing to a collage of high energy songs that, I would imagine, is musical cocaine. It makes me feel awkward and anxious. I feel like I have an amazing boost of energy but not the energy to do anything about it.

Anyways, things are actually going ok (there's a commercial on right now that is a McDonalds McNuggets commercial that makes me want to punch someone. Considering my stance on spousal abuse I will refrain). It appears, although I don't believe its still actually official, that we have our home loan. We will know for certain next week I assume. It didn't work out perfect though. We are ending up paying about 40% down. Obviously we don't have that money ourselves. My parents are putting most of that down from their own home equity loan. So, as soon as we can, we will refinance our home and pay them back. We extended the move out date on our apartment as well, so we will have plenty of time to move out and will only have to move once. So, today I'm thankful for that and for parents who have the means and desire to help us.

Its hard to be thankful with all these dumbass performers in the parade.

Had a poker lesson on Tuesday. It went really well overall. I'm coming out of my downswing and have actually been running really well this week, up almost 5 buy ins in 3 short sessions. Still have a lot of ground to cover in order to recover the money we (I) lost on Sunday. On Tuesday, or whenever my next lesson is, we're going to move up to the next level, 100nl. I'm excited for that.

My god, some of these commercials make me wish murder was legal. Today I'm thankful for DVR. I'm also thankful for Endwar and Dexter.

And my animals. And my loverly wife.

No comments: