Saturday, November 15, 2008

lifting the housing

So in a matter of days we lost the loan and then we got another loan. All happening in the middle of the turnaround, 10 days from close of escrow on the house. Ugh. It all is working out now though (allegedly) and the turnaround is finishing up. So that's good. I'm soooo excited for this thing to be finally done. I can feel alive again. I've been so out of touch with everything for two weeks straight and so much has been happening. I will finally be able to think everything through, to spend time with my friends and family, to handle all the issues that have been and continue to come up. It will be great, finally. I can't wait to play poker again. I can't wait to golf. I can't wait to play guitar and video games (veiled sdre reference). I can't wait to go on dates with my wife and walks with my dog. Aaaaaahhh. A sigh of relief.

I was able to play a little poker last night and I'm on the other side of variance right now. It was a rough session and I dropped one and half buy ins. I think I played ok though. I tried a couple high variance plays that were probably +EV overall, but didn't work out last night. Oh well. I feel like I'm improving and I showed some good patience last night, not paying off in frustrating spots and not trying to force the action with bad players. So I think I'm slightly encouraged, despite losing. I'm really excited for Vegas, to see how these things I'm learning translate to that setting. Another thing I can't wait for is a poker lesson.

No comments: