Monday, November 24, 2008

tilty mcgee

On Sunday we decided to head out to Bay 101 to play a little poker. We used to go there frequently, but haven't gone in quite some time. So we went out and got a seat at a new table right away, at around 10:45ish. The first hand I raise, get two callers, and win it on the flop. I immediately comment that I should leave right away because when I win the first hand at Bay 101 (or anywhere for that matter) I tend to have a really bad session. We all give a sly chuckle and move on to the next hand where I am dealt jacks. I raise, get one caller. Bet the 9-8-4 flop, get basically min-raised, shove, get hero called by 55 and proceed to lose to running straight cards. That was basically the theme for the next hour, where I was dealt a slough of good starting hands and was either coolered or crushed by some piece of cheese. Just over an hour later I'm stuck 4 buy-ins and we left in shock, losing most of the money we came in with. I've had bad sessions like that before, but never that quickly. It was just amazing. I think I played pretty well overall, but it was just a session where nothing I did worked, and it all happened in a really short time. I just can't seem to win at Bay 101 anymore. Oh well. Now I just need to make sure I win a good amount online so we can have a good amount to bring to Vegas around Christmas.

In other news, it looks like we finally got our home loan. So the house is basically official and we're moving in within 2-3 weeks. Strangely I haven't been excited. I think the reason is that I/we have been so beaten by everything that has happened both recently and within the last few years that we have become cynical. This makes me sad because we're getting our first home and we're not excited. So tonight we talked about it and we're going to try and stop being so damn cynical all the time.

I find that I'm becoming so old and crotchety lately that I hardly get excited for anything. I get so cranky about stupid shit. Its kind of funny, but it also breaks me down slowly over time. Its time for a change I think.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

nice! Did you get another loan???