Thursday, November 20, 2008

what a time

So I'm sitting here in Panera with Catherine, doing work, playing some poker, and listening to the asian couple talk in some foreign tongue next to us. Things have been crazy lately. The turnaround is over finally and I've been at home the last few days helping Catherine take care of things. Its been nice to be with her after being apart for so long.

We move in about a week. Where to, we're not totally sure. While we know we have approval on the loan (I think), we don't yet have formal approval. And with escrow supposed to end, um, tomorrow, we need to get this taken care of soon. What a strange process this has been. I don't really know how to take it all in.

I've been on a down swing in poker lately. Nothing too bad but after not playing for two weeks, it sucks to come back to being variance's bitch. Its ok though, because I understand that this is just how it goes. Plus I have a lot of kinks to work out. I'm hoping to take a lot of coaching sessions between now and the end of the year. I want to not suck at poker anymore.

Everyone is on Facebook now and I don't get it yet. Even Catherine has opened an account and within 24 hours she has a bunch of "friends". Maybe Facebook is the new "cheers". Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name. Catherine wants me to join, but I'm not sure if I'm quite ready for that yet.

I'm beginning to tilt from poker...I may need to call it a day.

No comments: