Friday, February 13, 2009

vegas day 2

Our second day in vegas started with me heading sleepily to my seminar. Nothing really interesting to report on that. Its basically just a review of the same material, although a little more in depth, that I learned studying for my last certification. After the class I headed back to see my lovely lady and we went down to have a burger dinner at a restaurant in the Rio. Afterwards we headed to the poker room to play some cards and crush some donkeys. Started off good, taking a donkey to value town with ak vs kq on a king high board. He gave me all of his chips. Then just kind of chipped up until I hit kind of a rough hand that I probably shouldn't have been in. Left the night down slightly. However Catherine hit the boom switch and left way up, so we're up quite a bit on the trip, which is nice.

We had fun playing though because we were both a little more relaxed than we normally are. I don't normally drink when I play, but we decided to partake, just to relax a bit. Interestingly enough, Vegas has cut way down on the liquor they provide. The best bourbon they would get us was Wild Turkey. The next best was Jim Beam. Kind of depressing. Alas, Wild Turkey makes some good bourbon and ginger ales, so our thirst did not go unquenched.

We also sat next to Crack Head McGee for a while. This guy was a total freak, moving erratically, speaking non-sense. And of course he sat next to me, which scared the bejunky out of me because I just knew I'd crack his aces or some stupid hand and he'd freak out on me and in the ensuing melee I'd end up with the AIDS for something like that. Luckily though Catherine busted him and he left without incident.

We didn't stay extremely long, just about 3 or 4 hours, as I was pretty tired. So we grabbed some waters and a small ice cream to share and went up for an early night. Not a bad second day.

No comments: