Tuesday, February 17, 2009

things that poker has given me

I always talk about how bad I'm doing in poker but I rarely share what my poker winnings have allowed me to purchase over the tenure of my poker playing life. So, without further adieu, here's a short list of the things that I can remember that poker has bought for me:

  • My dog Amelia and possibly Isabelle, although I can't remember for sure.
  • All of my tattoos that I've paid for (the two on the back of my arm I got for free while on tour).
  • All of Catherine's tattoos.
  • Rock Band 2 (just got it yesterday).
  • Quite a few bottles of whiskey.
  • We've used our poker bankroll to get us out of some financial binds before. Can't remember specifics.
  • Numerous articles of clothing for my lovely wife.
That's all I can remember, although there's probably more. If I had to guess I'd say that I've bought upwards of $5k worth of things using my poker money. So, when I complain about losing a few hundred here and there (like I did yesterday), its good to keep in perspective.

No comments: