Thursday, February 12, 2009

vegas day 1

Or, I guess, technically it was Night 1, not Day 1. Anyways, yesterday, after teaching a difficult class in the afternoon, Catherine and I hopped on an evening flight to Las Vegas. The main reason for going is that I'm taking a class in order to prep me for a certification test, the Certified Safety Professional certification. Its kind of a big deal in the safety world, so, it stands to reason, that once I finish this class and take and pass the subsequent test I will be kind of a big deal...in the safety world.

Anyways, the travel experience was super easy and fast. The airports were both very slow so we got on our plane quickly, landed early, got our luggage fast, and didn't even have to wait in line for a cab. We got to the Rio, checked in and then went up to our room for a bit to drop off the luggage and freshen up before going out. My poker coach, randomly, scheduled a trip to Vegas with a couple of his friends, so we decided to hook up after we got in. We got a hold of them and decided to head to the Bellagio to go play some poker. Luckily we all were able to get a table together (5 people) all in a row at the same 1/2 no limit game. It was a lot of fun just drinking, laughing, playing cards, playing the 7-2 game (well, only Catherine played the 7-2 game, the rest of us just paid her for it), and picking on the drunk guy at the table. They even invited me to come out and stay at their house that they are renting during the World Series of Poker for a weekend, which was really cool and an honor.

So the night was a lot of fun, but as a result we ended up staying up a little bit too late, which I'm paying the price for this morning, as I am working on only 4 hours of sleep at this point. Which isn't too bad I guess, but I'm still pretty darn tired. Tonight, once I get out of the class, Catherine and I plan on having a burger dinner and then playing some cards. Our bankroll is really short, so we're going to have to avoid some bad luck in order to not go broke. But I'm not too worried about that. We're definitely big favorites not to go broke, and, even if we do, we can just relax together and have fun and what not. I'm excited to be with her regardless.

No comments: