Friday, February 6, 2009

how great

I'm pretty tired of government bullshit. Listening to how messed up the California state budget is, all this craziness in the Federal government with the stimulus and what not, its frustrating. I understand, I think better than most, that our government was specifically designed to not be efficient, because efficient governments tend to be tyrannical governments. Its just so interesting watching the news while at the same time reading a biography of John Adams. Learning about his vision for our country and the ideals of the other founders, I wonder what he'd say about the state of our government today. And this isn't to suggest that he would necessarily be disgusted, but I just wonder if he'd say that it is our circumstances bearing down on us, or our own foolishness and greed. I just don't understand why everyone, including me, has such a myopic view of life. All we see is our problems, or desires, and we don't see how we all need to sacrifice for the common good. Liberty doesn't work when the free, whether due to malice or misunderstanding, fail to see the greater good of country because of their own immediate needs. I have no solutions, unfortunately, so I suppose that I can't voice my objections too loudly. I just hope that we see some John Adams and Thomas Jeffersons soon otherwise their sacrifice for this great experiment may have been in vain.

Now, one thing I will say is that if my personal policy, the legalization and regulation of online poker, were enacted not only would it not be a negative for the country, it would be a positive. Studies have shown that a regulated and taxed online poker would put billions into the federal coffers every year. Why isn't this happening? Support this.

Probably have more to say but I have to go now.

No comments: