Friday, May 30, 2008

My, My, My

How quickly things can change. A few days ago I was lamenting about our recent loss of a bankroll. Almost that very night I received news that I have a bonus heading my way from work that will be more than enough for us to start a decent bankroll. Truly it is amazing and it sounds silly to say that God would provide someone with money with which to gamble, but I really believe that is what happened. Of course, there's still a part of me that is skeptical and will remain so until the check is in my hand, but I'm sure it will come. And for the first time in a while I'm excited.

Then, perhaps as further evidence of my change of luck, I had a good day in poker yesterday. I won 1.5 buy ins in a short session in pot limit omaha 8 or better, won a short handed sng, and then cashed in a multi-table tournament. I was a little bit frustrated that I didn't get farther in the tournament, but I was crippled in a bit of a cooler when my AK ran into someone's AA. Oops. In retrospect I think I might have been able to get away from the situation losing less chips because the amount the opponent raised wasn't consistent with a steal attempt. So its a little frustrating that I didn't interpret that correctly, but I was destined to lose a very large portion of my stack on that hand unfortunately. Oh well.

Anyways, I've got some confidence back. The WSOP is starting today. Now I just want to take my girl out on a date sometime, because I miss her romance and all will be right with the world.

No comments: