Tuesday, January 6, 2009

holiday remnants

I hate the week or so after the holidays where people still have their decorations up, and some stores still have Christmas music. I don't really know what it is, but as soon as the holidays are done, I just want to get it all out of the way. It just feels so cheap. I'm ready to start the new year, why isn't everyone else damn it?!

Things are coming back to reality overall though. The holiday's are over, we're all moved into the house, the extra money we had to fix up the house is basically dried up, and I'm going back to work regularly. Its really weird for some reason. I just feel so out of touch. Its hard to get motivated to do my work when I have these pressing issues on my mind. I just need to adjust I guess.

In other news, I got a Star Wars game for Christmas, which is a lot of fun. I'm all excited about Star Wars now and want to watch all the movies again. I haven't seen the new cartoon one though. Not sure if I'm interested or not.

We also just finished reading The Watchmen. It was very good and thought provoking. I strongly recommend reading it for everyone really. It was one of the first books to show super heroes as "human" and not so black and white, at least in my uninformed opinion.

No comments: