Tuesday, January 13, 2009

are we human

First off, as an aside, I'm loving the new Killers record. It wasn't much at first but has attached itself to my senses and forced me into submission. Now I must surrender and admit, I really like that damn record.

Its amazing how something as silly as Facebook has forced me to interact with people I haven't talked to in ages. I can honestly say that I miss them all. One of the things I'm learning is that not only do I fail at keeping in contact with people, but I largely suck at friendships. I'm working on being better, but that all takes time. I think my problem is that I like people, but I get really awkward being around them. I think that means I'm mentally unstable or something.

I'm feeling rather random today. That, unfortunately, is not the appropriate state of mind for preparing a proposal for a huge government contract. If you were with me right now this is where you would hear me sigh.

I was going to say something else but forgot. Stupid brain...

Ah ha! I remembered! So I played a short heads up match online yesterday and won a significant amount, which was good. However, I don't feel like I played very well and it really upset me. Who cares right? But the thing that was so weird is that after this long downswing, booking a nice two buyin win should be really awesome right? But the fact that I won it by playing what I suspect was bad poker annoys me and poisons the win. Even though that seems silly and perhaps bad, I can't help but feel that perhaps that's a good thing.

No comments: