Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas in California

So we finally got our keys to our house last night. We are officially home owners. I thought that once we got the keys I would feel like a home owner, but that's not the case. It all still feels weird and distant. Still, we're moving in now, over the course of the next few days actually. We have a lot of work to do on the house. The gentleman who was living there didn't really clean up the house and actually left a bunch of things behind. So we're sorting through it all to see what's useful and what's junk. Its all very exciting though.

We had our annual charity poker tournament. I predicted that this year I would go deep, and probably win, as I haven't done well in the past in these tournaments. I was right that I went deep, but didn't win. I was the chip leader throughout most of the tournament and went into four handed play (just in the money) as the chip leader. But four handed things started going against me and I predicted that I would be next out. I was right. Oh well. Kevin and Karen chopped up first and second place money to take the title. The evening was a success though. We were able to get almost $2000 to give to a needy family, or families, for Christmas. So we were really happy with how it went.

I've been running better at poker and have almost won back everything I've lost. So that's nice. In just a few days we will be in Vegas. I'm soooo excited for that.

No comments: