Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Another Autumn

Hello again. Its been a while since I've done this whole blogging thing. I find that when I get so far removed I tend to just want to say that nothing's happened. But really a lot has happened. Here's some highlights:

1. My brother had a baby. So now I have a baby nephew named Samuel. He's really chubby and cute. We went up there recently to see his family and its weird to see him as a father and what not. Its good though.

2. I've been really focusing on my poker game recently. I joined the training site Deuces Cracked and am watching a lot of their training videos. The site also led me to some poker coaching. I've been really wanting to have a poker coach for a long time and that's one of the things that led me to the Deuces Cracked site. They facilitate students finding coaches. I've had a couple of sessions with my coach, jk3a, and its been really great so far. Its really brought my game to a new level and renewed my passion for poker in general. When you see how intricate it can be its hard not to be interested. I'm up to 50nl ($50 buy in no limit hold em) and hope to move up to 100nl by November.

3. I've taken up the game of golf. Yeah, I feel like an old nerd, but its really fun. I am taking lessons and am slowly getting better. Its really fun just going out with friends, goofing off, and getting some exercise at the same time. I've only played 9-holes per game so far, but have my first 18 hole session coming up this weekend. It should be fun.

4. I just celebrated my 5th anniversary with my lovely wife. Our marriage is only 5 years old, which is still young, relatively speaking, but I don't think we're "newly weds" anymore, and that makes me happy. It means that in many respects our love has stood the test of time so far. These last 5 years have been very difficult, not in our relationship, but in our lives. Its been wonderful to have our love to fall back on when everything else is falling apart. And its growing stronger every day.

5. Yesterday we upgraded our cable to the premier package, which means we get all the movie channels and such. That's exciting because some of our favorite TV shows are on channels such as HBO and Showtime. Specifically, we've become addicted to the show Dexter. I thoroughly enjoy the hell out of it. The 3rd season premier is on Friday. Plus now we get to watch old episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm, another brilliant show.

That's all. I hope to update this more. Until then....

No comments: