Monday, April 27, 2009

what is this great gravity

Bloggin is one of those things that seems so cool, but when it comes to practice, is so difficult. Anyways, I don't have much more to say about that.

Things have been fair as of late. Unfortunately, everyone is getting sick, including my lovely wife who has been sick for the last 7 days. I think that she had a regular cold that turned into a bit of bronchitis. The incessant coughing is hard on her poor, fragile self. Its also causing us both to have trouble sleeping. I wish it were me that was sick. I don't mind it so much and seem to handle it better in general. But I suppose that's not possible. So not much I can do there.

Poker's been going ok. Just getting used to the swings is trying as times. Its only going to get worse as well as I move up in the stakes. All the while I have to step back and ask myself, is this really what I want?

I am such a self-conscious person, it drives me nuts. So much of the time I just exist without any exertion of myself because either I'm lazy, or more commonly, I am so worried about what other people think. You watch shows like Curb Your Enthusiasm where the lead character, Larry David, is made out to be a bit of an asshole, primarily because he always tends to just say what he really wants to say. Granted, what he wants to say is enough to make him an asshole, but I wonder what would happen if I went around just saying what I really wanted or thought. Does tact make you less of a person? I doubt it, but its worth considering.

No comments: