Tuesday, October 21, 2008

take a deeper breath

Things have been really busy lately. We have the turnaround coming, which, for those who don't know, is this crazy project that lasts a few weeks which usually has me working 12 hour days 7 days a week. I've been doing a lot of planning for it and things are picking up because its only about 2 weeks away. This turnaround should be easier though, as it appears that I will be working slightly shorter shifts and only 6 days a week. So that should make things easier. After that, it will be my favorite time of the year. I can hardly contain the excitement about that.

In just over a week Catherine's parents are coming. Oi. I'm glad that its finally coming though. Hopefully it comes to a conclusion that is somewhat successful. I am restrainedly hopeful though.

We made an offer on a house. Its a fixer upper in Alamo that's pretty nice overall, but needs a lot of work. Our offer was really really low, and they have had 5 offers total so our chance of getting it is a snowball's in hell. But I guess it was worth a shot, and also worth it to see how the process goes and see how involved everyone is.

A lot more going on, but I don't want to make this too long. So, alas, I will save it for another day.

No comments: