Monday, June 23, 2008

Patterns

Things have been going better as of late. The last Vegas trip ended up much better than it started. After losing a bunch in the beginning we played two more times, the second session I was way up, and the third session I started off really bad but fought back to about even. So we left Vegas with a bit more than we came with, which was great.

We're heading back in a few days, this time for just a fun trip, which will be really nice. Its going to be a very fun trip. We're going to see the 50k HORSE final table, Love, the beginning of the Main Event, and we're going to play a lot of poker. I'm also going to try and play in one of the Venetian Deep Stack events. Its only a $330 buy in, but it will be the largest buy in tournament I will have played. You start with good chips and the blinds go up reasonably slow, so it will be interesting to see how I do.

Other than that things are ok. I'm home with Catherine now because she's having a hard time. That is always an interesting scenario because I love being home with her, but I hate the circumstances. Still though, we were marveling yesterday at how perfectly everything has worked out for us. If things didn't work out the way they did Catherine may not have made it this far. Makes you wonder if there's not someone up there guiding all this nonsense in our favor.

No comments: