Thursday, February 14, 2008

Shipping and Handling

Just got back from another trip to Las Vegas. This one was for our board of directors meeting at SCM. It was a good trip overall. Catherine got a chance to relax, we played a good amount of poker, and the meeting was rather productive. Poker was actually a bit of a roller coaster ride. We fought and struggled most of the time and ended up about 100 bucks. Nothing really interesting with the hands. A couple christmas present hands, one big hand I lost where I had a really big draw, and I thought I'd have some fold equity, but didn't and I missed. That was about a 400 buck pot there. Oh well though.

Mid way through the trip we found out that we might have to go to LA right away to take care of a client's emergency. That was a bit of a nightmare, but they canceled last minute, so we didn't have to go. So now I'm at hope with my dog and wife sleeping next to me in my bed and its oh so comfortable. Its good to be back, even though I love Vegas. We will be back relatively soon though so its good. Now though I have much work to do. I have to help build a foundation for this business so that my family can have a secure future for a long time coming. Plus I have to start school again. Oi. Still though, its time to prove to myself and to others that I deserve the position I'm in. Like the scene in Saving Private Ryan - earn this.

Oh yes, and its Valentines Day. That's another good thing about not going to the city of angels today. I can be with my valentine and, hopefully, show her how amazing I still think she is.

My choice for President - John McCain
My prediction for who will be the next President - Barack Obama

No comments: